Wedding Day Hairstyles
Picking out the perfect hairstyle to complement your dress, veil, and theme of your wedding can definitely be a challenge. With so many options to choose from, and believe me I have done my fair share of pinning on Pinterest to know, I thought I would break down my take on updos and downdos…
1. Updo with a Twist – one of my all time favorite updos is an updo with a twist, a braided twist to be specific. For one of our styled shoots, Laura Reyonlds with Laura Reynolds Artistry created the most beautiful braided twist on our model Taylor’s hair. I love how elegant the style is and the perfect complement to Taylor’s bangs.
2. Updo “Middledo” – okay, not quite sure if I just made this up, but I love the free flowing style of a middle do that feels natural resting closer to the nape of your neck. What is so fabulous about this style of updo is that it is very versatile when it comes to fitting the veil. For a more modern twist, Danielle wore her veil beneath her updo, which elongated the veil and was truly sheer elegance!
3. Updo Downdo – Right in between, my bride Rosalie opted to have her hair half up in an updo. I love how her cathedral length veil rests perfectly on top of the updo. Ken Benson Hair Design also curled underneath her updo to create that extra touch of design for when the veil comes when its time to dance!
1. Downdo to the Side – Kristy’s Artistry and Design created a stunning downdo to the side, maybe a “sidedo” – okay now I am definitely making up names – but seriously how beautiful, and my oh my Jessica’s eyes!
2. Downdo Pulled Back – for windy days, the pulled back downdo is the perfect way to keep your hair looking fabulous and also keeping it inline. Taking place out at on the veranda of the Orlando Science Center, Katie’s hair draped down her back in perfect flowing curls.
3. Traditional Downdo – not sure if there really is a “traditional downdo,” but I could not help but love my bride Alexandra’s gorgeous downdo style. The bohemian and carefree feel came through completely and looked stunning in the wind!